Not much happening in dollhouse-land and because I can see my blog has been visited, an early update:
Unfortunately the third attempt also cracked, so I've cut out yet another top.
This story is getting all of the characteristics of a never ending one, but if the fourth attempt fails again then I'm calling it quits.
There are too many other things to do, both in miniature as in real life, to spend that amount of time on this.
However even then I will make other attempts in the future; just can't stand the idea of having to give in to a stupid piece of veneer.
It is not my habit to point out in capitals what I do wrong, and won't bother
you with that again after this little project, but figured, better to learn from my
mistakes than make them yourselves.
By the way, discovered that the veneer I use has become somewhat brittle, due to the fact I keep it in my living room where I've really turned up the heat from November 'till April.
Or anyway, I guess that is the reason.
So I have moistened the veneer just a tad, and that makes a difference.
In the meantime I am anxiously awaiting the new veneer; must admit my expectations are high but things always look different in a picture, just can't wait to see and feel it.
Sensitive as I am to the touch of materials, that is probably even more important to me than the look of things.
The veneer I ordered is also thicker than the other veneer, so there will be some sanding involved. As it is not available in thinner sheets, this will have to do.
I expect the veneer and the new blades for the scalpel I've ordered to arrive within a week.
OMG, wish it would have arrived yet so I can continue and get it done with.
Hugs and I hope you are doing well,